A brief glimpse into our heritage and the history of the Arnold family. The beginning of Fairview
- In 1908 Albert Arnold started selling Petrol on the A30 at the junction of Lox Lane on Sherborne Causeway.
- Albert continued building the business over the years, with the addition in the 1920's of a Filling Station, followed by a Vehicle repair garage & Shop in the early 1930's
- In the 1950's Buster Arnold relocated 4 miles down the A30 to Five Bridges.
- Following Alberts passing in the early 60's, Kevin Arnold started a Vehicle Sales & Vehicle repair business in 1967 at the Garage on the Sherborne Causeway.
- This then progressed in 1971 to a new workshop premises at the Arnolds Five Bridges site.
- Shell Petroleum recognised Cecil & Eve efforts by awarding them the ShellShine Territory Winners in 1974.
- 1974 also saw Kevin open a subsidary business Fairview Vehicle Services at Gibbs Marsh, Henstridge, where he ran this for 26 years.
- Buster Arnolds retirement in 1988 saw the Five Bridges site sold.
- 1 year later Arnolds at Sherborne Causeway also closed due to retirement, although Cecil & Eve continued to live on site up until their passing.
- In 2000 as a 4th generation Arnold, Marcus took over Fairview Vehicle Services at the Gibbs Marsh site.
- In 2012 5th generation Arnold, Benjamin joined the business as a apprentice vehicle technician.
- 2013 saw the business relocated back to the original Arnolds Garage site on Sherborne Causeway.
- In 2021 Benjamin Arnold joined the team of directors at the company, becoming the 5th generation Arnold to continue the family legacy.
- Following steady growth at the Sherborne causeway site, 2021 saw the largest expansion in recent years. With the addition of a new purpose built MOT testing building, as well as the addition of another member of staff.
It always seemed fitting for us to return to the original site from 1908, continuing Alberts legacy 100+ years later.
Now the Arnold name has been around agriculture, hgv and automotive repair for over 100 years. In choosing us, you buy into that established reputation. Trusting our family name represents value for money and quality workmanship.
For more information, or to arrange an appointment
For queries, enquiry, or to find out more about our services, get in contact today.